Answered

Sonos Play ones not discoverable in Alexa App

• 23 December 2017
  • 5 replies

New to Sonos. Gone through searches on this subject. Tried many. I own 2 play ones. Located in kitchen and family room. Sound and play great with sonos app. Can use voice command with Alexa to play in both rooms and can manually switch each on and off with Sonos app. Unfortunately the devices are not discoverable in Alexa so I can’t voice command room choices.
icon

Best answer by UKMedia 23 December 2017, 19:25

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Just to clarify; you have 2 Sonos Ones (With Alexa)? (Play:1's are the older kit without Alexa - confusing I know!)

A few things to check, please retest after each step:

1/ Have you Enabled the Sonos skill in the Alexa app, if not please do so? (If yes, please Disable then Re-enable)
2/ If you open the Alexa App>Settings are your Sonos One's shown as 'On-Line'? (If not select the Off Line device and the option to switch to 'On-Line' should be available.)
3/ If problem persists please follow the steps I've listed in the answer to this post: https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/sonos-one-not-responding-to-alexa-comands-6793239
Yes sonos ones with Alexa and have enabled and disabled the Alexa app a few times. I open the Alexa App and the sonos ones don’t even show up. I’ll now go look at your thread. Thx
Just re-checked and speakers do show up in settings and both are online.
Well I went through the thread you posted and thanks to you it worked. Appreciate your advice and reply. Happy Holidays.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Great news 🙂