Answered

Sonos Play 1 Software Update to include Alexa?

• 5 October 2017
  • 5 replies

I've been waiting for a long time for the Alexa enabled Sonos. What I didn't know was going to happen isnthat I would have to buy all new Sonos Ones to get that feature. What I have loved about Sonos that you buy the speaker and it is supposed to get better through software updates...it's part of their marketing literature. What I don't understand is why is Somos deviating from this? I'm now required to buy more speakers to get the feature I want, making my old speakers obsolete? I don't want to have to drop another $1000 to update my home system...I'm only 3 years into building my Sonos system across my house. Please tell me there is a software update that will work with my Alexa Dots in the very near future.

Very frustrated loyal customer,
Ryan C
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 5 October 2017, 04:07

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

I'm not sure what you've been reading, but version 8.0 of the app, which was released this morning, allows you to use your echo dots with your current Sonos speakers.
Maybe read this thread to get you going?

https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/new-to-sonos-or-alexa-how-to-set-up-6791327
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Yes ryan you are confused. The software update today lets you use any alexa device to control any of your speakers. The play:1 new hardware is just combining the hardware for those without an alexa device.
OK. Thank you for the info. I just saw the commercial and thought that was the only way to get it. Thanks for sharing the link! Much happier now. ?