Question

Sonos one wont turn off

• 25 December 2017
  • 4 replies

Badge
Hi everyone i can say stuff like alexa good morning and alexa play radio from tune in etc.. all works fine BUT now when something is playing if i say Alexa turn off it ignores command and continues to play.. it use to work i would say turn off and everything went quiet..Anybody know a fix or why this is happening

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Zoinks, Scoobychief! Seems like you may want to go over this list of commands to have a better idea of what commands work best with Alexa. Thanks for posting! If you have any further questions, please feel free to reach back out. I am happy to help.
I'm having the same issue. It worked fine before leaving for the holidays. Came back, updated Sonos, and now I can't get Alexa to turn off. Scoobychief, did you find a solution?
Badge
hi there it drove me mad for 24 hrs and coudnt find an answer anywhere only the plonker who posted the above as if i didnt know about the command . the next day i turned the mic on and off and after a while it started to work again.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
hi there it drove me mad for 24 hrs and coudnt find an answer anywhere only the plonker who posted the above as if i didnt know about the command . the next day i turned the mic on and off and after a while it started to work again.

Calling Keith a 'Plonker' is harsh and will limit the support you get on the forum!. 'Alexa, Turn off' isn't a valid command!

Two scenario's:

1/ You used the correct command, (Alexa, Stop' or 'Alexa Stop Kitchen Sonos') in which case it would help to include the command you used so that we can help;
2/ You used the command that you stated in your post, in which case pointing you to the correct command list is appropriate.