Question

Sonos One with Spotify - Playlists

• 23 February 2018
  • 4 replies

Hello,
I bought a pair of Sonos One speakers and have them set up with Spotify as default music provider. I have Spotify Premium edition, and the speakers work for requesting songs. But it does not recognize any of my playlists even if change the syntax of my request. Any suggestions?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Checkout this thread regarding how to ask Alexa to do playlists

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Other-Partners-Web-Player-etc/How-to-play-a-playlist-on-Amazon-Echo/td-p/1328905

to get it to work. "Alexa, on Spotify play the *playlist name* playlist." And supposedly playlists names that are two words can be hard for Alexa to pick up properly.
AEWest,
On the Sonos support page it mentions this ...

In order to play personalized playlists (like Discover Weekly or Release Radar) via voice, you must first Follow the playlist in the Spotify app and specify "playlist" in your instruction.

See the below link:

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4343?_ga=2.177647270.2064157704.1507302379-1233958171.1507302379
Hello,
Thanks for the quick replies. I have tried renaming the playlists to single word playlists, disabling the sonos app and enabling it, as well as using the suggested syntax but no luck. If I use just the Spotify app on my phone and select the Sonos speakers, the playlists work fine. Any other suggestions?
Hi, had the same issue: new single word playlists not being recognised through Alexa, but able to play from the Spotify app ("I don't see the playlist XXX in your music library"). I got further in resolving the issue by signing out of all Spotify on all devices, signing out of Alexa (in the Alexa app), then signing back into Alexa. Playlists then get picked up immediately and can be played via Alexa (even without signing back into Spotify). Note I didn't make any changes to my Sonos configuration. However, I still don't get playlists I just created, being playable. It seems the playlist has to exist for 'sometime' before being picked up. Not clear how long 'sometime' is yet.