Sonos One with multiple amazon accounts

• 5 November 2017
  • 9 replies

Just got the Sonos 1 with Alexa, and i have my amazon account linked. My wife also has her own Amazon account, can we link that one too? If so, hiw is that done, and how do you switch between accounts.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Not sure if possible with the Sonos One, but Amazon does allow you to do it with an Echo. You can the switch accounts by saying "Alexa, switch accounts". Don't have two accounts myself, so I can't try it. But if it is possible, it would be done like this in the Alexa app:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201628040

Then add the account information for her Amazon Music as a new account in Sonos.
Badge +3
Hi,

You just St need to go to the Alexa app, then settings > Household Profile. This will take you to your Amazon account, just log in and follow the instructions to add another account.
Thank you very much. Makes total sense and very easy, once you find the household profile.
Note, I just used the "My Voice" voice training to train my voice on an Echo. Alexa now recognizes my voice as me and associates it with my account. This new feature allows you to train Alexa to each individual user and associates that voice with an account. You can then switch accounts or deault a voice to an account and allow access to shopping without a confirmation code, play Flash briefings and access an Amazon Music Unlimited Family plan based on the person speaking.

Again, not known if this carries over to the Sonos One, but it really is a powerful feature on the Echo devices.
Which raises a question. Can I train Alexa to ignore voices that aren't mine? The one in my living room is constantly triggered by stuff on the TV. I'd prefer if it ignores voices that aren't mine.

I guess I should just go look in the silly Alexa app, shouldn't I? 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
You need to use the same email address to log into your Sonos and Amazon accounts to get Voice Control to work correctly with the Sonos 1, so switching to another Amazon account could cause you problems.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Again, not known if this carries over to the Sonos One, but it really is a powerful feature on the Echo devices.
It doesn't carry over. The Sonos One isn't able to recognize voices at this time. It's a pretty neat feature, but I don't have any details on if it'll be added to the Sonos One.
I really hope this feature gets added. Having a Sonos speaker with built in Alexa is great, but it won’t stay that way if there are always mulitple Alexa features that are not supported. You cannot change the wake word either, which is frustrating a lot ot people.
I believe Sonos One now has voice recognition (screen shot from the Alexa app on my Android phone):