Question

Sonos One with Amazon Echo Dot & Apple Music

• 27 November 2017
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Hi, I am a total newbie to Sonos & just purchased a Sonos One. I am gong to buy an Echo Dot. I am an Apple Music subscriber & want to know if when linked to my Sonos, will Echo Dot give me full voice control of my Apple Music ?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Afraid not. You will not be able to initiate playback with voice but you can stop the music, alter volume and skip tracks once you have started play via the Sonos app. You will have full control via the app.
Spotify has recently been integrated for full voice control if you fancy switching though? I am in the same boat as you with Apple Music. It may come in the future but I suspect this is more on the Amazon side as the echo devices themselves do not control Apple music - only Spotify and Amazon Music (obviously)
You should also know voice cannot start any music stored locally (PC/NAS) but again can stop, change volume etc once you have started music via the app. Hope this helps.
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Ah OK! Thanks for your reply, that’s really helpful. I do have an Amazon music account as well so at least I can get full voice control via that as you say. Here’s living in hope but I fear not !!!