Question

Sonos One will not recognizing personal Amazon playlists

• 28 November 2017
  • 3 replies

Just set up my Sonos One and it will play Amazon Music playlists but it will not recognize my own personal Amazon playlists. Alexa also responds and will play whatever song I ask for from Amazon. I just cannot find my personal playlists anywhere on the sonos app. The playlists are there and work fine on the amazon music app on my iphone. Any ideas on this problem? Thanks.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello there, WoodyH. Thanks for reaching out to the Community. We may want to have a support technician take a closer to see whats happening. It sounds like you are missing your personal Amazon Playlists from Sonos entirely rather than just Alexa not being able to locate them. I would additionally double check the account by removing Amazon Music from Sonos and re-adding it. Our contact information can be found here.
I cannot get either my Sonos playlists, my music playlists or personal Amazon Prime playlists recognised.
by voice control?

When using the Sonos One for voice control, only commands that Alexa understands can be used. Alexa doesn't know about your Sonos playlists, music from your personal library, Google, apple, and others. Only the services that are listed in the Alexa app.

For an Amazon prime playlist, you do have to be somewhat specific to get it right. So if your playlist is called 'Party Music', you would have to say something like "Alexa, play party music playlist. If you don't add the word playlist, Alexa will likely default to it's own set of playlists and such, rather than your own.