Question

Sonos One w/ Spotify have to ask twice

• 6 January 2018
  • 6 replies

Badge +1
I just updated to the newest version for my 3 Sonos Ones. I have changed my default music service to Spotify. When asking Alexa (Sonos One) to play a song it will not respond the first time and just stays silent. Do it a second time and it plays right away. Has anyone else experienced this?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I would go in alexa app. Disable Sonos skill then reenable it.
Badge +1
I would go in alexa app. Disable Sonos skill then reenable it.

I gave that a shot and still having the issue. If I pull up the Sonos app on my Macbook when saying the command I see a popup that says unable to play, access denied.
Badge
I just had a similar issue when I added a speaker to form a stereo pair. I fixed it by deleting both speakers in the Alexa app: go to Smart Home > Devices, tap on the speaker and then the trash icon to delete it. Then tap Add Device to add it back. Maybe that will work for you.
I too have this issue.
I ask Alexa ‘Tune in to BBC radio 2 in the lounge’
NOTHING
Repeat myself 15 seconds later and hey presto!
The same with an Album or song using Spotify.
Be interesting to know know if anyone else has this problem & people have found a fix.
Badge +1
Hey. I have a similar problem of having to ask twice. For me it’s an intermittent issue. The amazon dots never do it, but for some reason my Sonos Ones sometimes ignore me the first time. Most annoying when it’s instructions to turn lights on/off.

In my case it’s with TP-Link smart plugs via Kasa.
Hello everyone. Thanks for keeping the conversation going. If you are still having troubles with this, please give our support technicians a call to troubleshoot this in real time. In most cases, problems like this are best troubleshot with a close eye on network connectivity.