Sonos one voice control Spotify family premium

• 3 December 2017
  • 3 replies

I'm having problems does anyone know if it's possible to use voice control to play music from different Spotify family premium accounts? As all set up on my husbands phone but when I try and set up Alexa on my phone it does not give option of Sonos device and I can't speak to Alexa to play the tracks on my Spotify account?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
-duplicate posted
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Amazon doesn’t currently have a way to setup multiple Spotify on accounts yet. Assumption would be that eventually (since it can now recognize between different people’s voices) that they will eventually make it so that you can have it pick correct account by who is speaking. So for now you just get access to ya our husbands Spotify account via voice control. Of course on the Sonos controller on your phone you can access your Spotify account as well as direct from Spotify app on your phone.
I had this issue as well, so I decided to switch the specific account the Alexa was using. But after I removed mine, I can't add my wife's Spotify account: Alexa keeps saying something like "I need a Spotify Premium account to play." My partner's account is a sub-account of my family Spotify account - I wonder if that's the issue? This is a crazy experience, figuring out service between 3 software providers: Sonos-Alexa-Spotify. Yow!