Question

Sonos one voice commands

• 28 December 2017
  • 6 replies

Hi all,

I have a new system( Sonos one with Alexa) and believe I have set it up correctly however when I say Alexa play music . She says “sorry I could find any music that matches your request” . I have Amazon Prime with Music as my default .
Any ideas what I’m doing wrong ?

Cheers

Rob

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Rob

Can you select the Alexa App>Skills>Your Skills>Sonos skill and then Disable followed by Enable. Then can you try a command 'Alexa, Play Chillout Classics Playlist'
Hi , I tied to reset my system and start again now alexa has a USA accent and says” sorry I’m have a little trouble understanding right now “ what have i done wrong ?
HI . I think the sonos one has issues. I can ask for any radio station but not my music.

Still not sure what to do .
Thank you for response .

Yours

R
ob.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Can you select Alexa App>Settings>{Your Sonos One} and check that the Device Location is accurately showing your post code. Then open the Sonos App (Android or iOS)>Settings>{Your Sonos One}>Voice Services and log in to your Alexa account. You should then see the ability to choose the Wake Word Language, please make sure that this is set to English (UK). Let us know how you get on?

If the problem persists, then the steps I've listed in the Answer to this post will reset voice control:

https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/sonos-one-not-responding-to-alexa-comands-6793239
Hi UK media,
I can find the settings your sonos one . I can find voice setting but came see anywhere to change wake word ect .

Cheers
Rob.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Rob

If you select the Sonos App>Settings>Room Settings>Voice Services can you not see your 'Amazon Alexa' account and underneath 'Wake Word Language'? Not visible in the PC version, only via Android or iOS)

If not please log in to Amazon Alexa under Voice Services and you should see the option then.