Question

Sonos One troubles

• 24 October 2017
  • 10 replies

Very disappointed so far, will only play one song from an album with amazon music when you ask through Alexa, then other times there is no playback at all, even if it states it is playing

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

I can play everything but it won’t stop when I ask it to. I have a Sonos One
Try these troubleshooting tips:

ttps://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4345

If these are not successful, submit a diagnostic and post the reference number here.
Diagnostic submitted reference number - 7996437
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Diagnostic submitted reference number - 7996437

Thanks. There isn't anything obvious standing out as wrong with the system that could cause this, so I'd encourage you to give us a call on our support line. A technician will dig in with you to see what's going on.
For me, Alexa was working fine for setting my Nest and turning lights on/off, but playing from Amazon Music by voice didn't work. I had dinner and then tried again (about an hour later) and it worked... Maybe there was some backend sync that needed to happen?

Now everything works, apart from setting timers and playing Ambient sounds (i.e. "Alexa, open thunderstorm sounds).
Quick update from me. Setting timers now works, and once again without any intervention from me. Ambient sounds still don't work, maybe I'll try again later 😉
Just asked Alexa to play oasis - stop the clock, album, and it plays the first song and then stops ?????
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Just asked Alexa to play oasis - stop the clock, album, and it plays the first song and then stops ?????
Can you have Alexa discover devices again? And if that doesn't do the trick, disable the Alexa skill, then re-enable it.
Just tried that and it works perfect now thank you ::D
Mines was doing exactly the same... it now refuses to even play one track! Ive been back and forth with customer services but no solution... have you sorted yours