Question

Sonos One temperature metric units

• 27 December 2017
  • 6 replies

How do I change the metric units from Fahrenheit to Celsius on Sonos One? Also how do I set my correct location in the UK?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
How do I change the metric units from Fahrenheit to Celsius on Sonos One? Also how do I set my correct location in the UK?

Hi

If you open the Alexa App>Settings>Devices>Your Sonos One and enter your Device Location and Device Time Zone. After this it will enable you set your measurement units to metric. (If you have problems doing this on Android or iOS, then use the PC version https://alexa.amazon.co.uk )
The Alexa app (both in my phone and on the web - in a browser) tells me that it is unable to save the settings. So when I come back to the Alexa settings for the Sonos One - SOME of the settings seem to have stuck (I can see the units (Degree C, and distance KM) I desire in the UI), but do not work correctly (the Sonos One tells me it is 75 degrees outside - venturing outside will likely kill you).

When I set..
- Device Location
- Region
- Time Zone
- any of the Measurement Units
I see...
"Unable to save setting. See help for troubleshooting."

This is my first non-Amazon Alexa device. I have had no problems with any other device in this regard - just my Sonos One.

Is this common, or am I dealing with something out of the ordinary?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
This isn't working like this for me. Did you try the browser link in my previous post?
Yes (but I used the US link). It gave me the same response as the iPhone (app) interface.

The one thing (potentially related) that I did not mention - the Play One was a return product (the box was opened). Everything setup fine - the Alexa part is properly integrated, the Sonos part is integrated. I just can't set location and units.

Perhaps I should factory-reset the whole thing.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Worrh a try.

Edit:

Another thing to check is under Settings>Devices you'll see two devices for each Sonos One - one for the hardware and one for the Alexa component. Can you try the other device and see if that works. There have been a very small number of users that have had problems setting device location or units and in most cases the units sorted themselves out after a period of time. 😉 So it's a bit difficult to pinpoint the exact cause.
That was the trick.

The problem seems to be a mixture of my 0% compliance in reading instructions and the fact that the Sonos device and the Alexa device (part) showing up as different devices in the Alexa app. And... of course they had different names.

So... it is a bit non-intuitive, but I think I will own this one. I should have read the instructions.

Thanks.