Answered

Sonos One stopped working - no lights

• 23 January 2018
  • 3 replies

This is the second Sonos One speaker that i've had this issue with, i've hade the Sonos One for about 3 weeks and out of nowhere it stopped responding to Alexa commands. I've tried to restart and unplug it to no effect. There are no lights on the top of the speaker.
icon

Best answer by dao90 24 January 2018, 00:26

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

It's a long shot, but can you control the speaker using the app on your phone or PC? If you can, check in the app under More -->Settings-->Room Settings-->(tap the room name) that you haven't accidentally turned of the speaker status light. Then check the top of the speaker and tap the microphone icon, to check you didn't accidentally turn off the mic, (which also turns off the light).
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, dao90. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. Are you still able to play music to the speaker or is the problem that Alexa simply no longer responds? If so, you may find this article from Edward R. helpful.

If the Sonos One has no lights at all and cannot play music, I'd suggest giving our support technicians a call.

asrobertson also makes a great point to make sure the mic hasn't turned off by tapping the microphone icon on the top.
I was able to factory reset the device and it is working now. Thank you for the advice!