sonos one speakers won’t connect when trying to add alexa

• 29 July 2018
  • 8 replies

purchased two sonos one, setup and use as satellite speakers for playbar no problem. issue was in setting up alexa,it gets hung up where it indicates it can’t connect with speakers when adding alexa service “make sure you are connected to your wifi network”. the only contributing factor i can think off is i had previously purchas d and successfully installed a single sonos one that i returned same day, it’s still on my account. any help would be greatly appreciated

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

Please see my first post in this thread:

https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/alexa-says-she-is-playing-on-kitchen-but-no-sound-comes-out-6800126

Let us know how you get on.
Thanks UK. I have cleaned up device names, renamed room, after that had the following screen (attached). resisting a full reset as i have 40 plus devices, 30 bulbs etc, it would be an ordeal. part of me questions why sound bar is displaying as [?]. still plugging away...
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

Does the Playbar show in the Sonos App? If no, then please select Add Player or Sub in the Sonos app>settings. If yes, then please open the Alexa App>Smart Home>Device>Add Device and select your Sonos device.

Please let us know how you get on.
I am embarrassed to say I don’t know where to see speaker list in app, or not there as all I find is the room or group, not individual speakers. could it be that the sonos one paired themselves to the sound bar and don’t exist on their own?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

Please open the Sonos App>settings>About my Sonos system and all connected devices will listed. Also, after you changed the room names, did you Ask Alexa to discover devices again?

Edit:

The other thing to check is open the Alexa App>Smart Home and see if you have the Playbar listed under devices? If Yes, then please select Forget against that device and then Discover or Add device (depending on which platform you are running the app on)
found it, many thanks-all 3 speakers listed. performed remove re-discovered sound bar. then i deleted and re-discovered great room which I assume is the ones, but that’s the room name for sones, so two sonos discovered by alexa but still cant add voice services. and yes did re-discover on the last go
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Can you follow the steps below (Please ignore any steps that aren't applicable due to not setting up Voice Services):

Some form of Account Linking or Authorisation has not completed successfully. There are a number of causes for this and it's best to try these steps 1 at a time and test before moving on to the next step if the problem persists:
2.1/ Open the Alexa App>Skills>Your Skills>Sonos and 'Disable' followed by 'Enable';
2.2/ Ensure that you don't have multiple Amazon accounts logged into different Apps on your device, as this can confuse the Amazon Authorisation. If yes, then please log out of the other accounts and then complete step 2.1 again;
2.3/ If the problem still persists, please logout of all Amazon accounts then select the Alexa App>Skills>Your Skills>Sonos and 'Disable. Now power down all Sonos devices for 10 secs, allowing for any wired devices to boot before booting the remaining Sonos players. Now log back into the Alexa App>Skills>Sonos and 'Enable'

If the problem persists then an entire reset of the Authorisation & Account Linking process is required
3.1/ In the Alexa app, select Skills>Your Skills>Sonos and then 'Disable';
3.2 In the Alexa app (PC version), select 'Smart Home>Devices'. Now select 'Forget All' at the bottom of the screen;
3.3/ In the Sonos app (Android or iOS), select Settings>Room Settings and for each of the Sonos One's sign into 'Voice Services' and select 'Remove Amazon Alexa from this Room';
3.4/ If you have any wired Sonos devices, please power down for 10 secs and then switch on and wait for it to boot;
3.5/ Now power down all other Sonos Players for 10 secs then switch them back on and wait for them to boot;
3.6/ In the Sonos app, Select Manage>Add a player or sub' and add the Sonos One's again. This will complete the set-up process again;
3.7/ In the Alexa app, select Skills>Your Skills and ensure the Sonos skill is 'Enabled', if not please 'Enable';
3.8/ In the Alexa app , select Smart Home>Devices>Discover. Ensure that your Sonos One's are displayed correctly and not shown as 'Off Line'.
Thank you so much!!! It was the skills setting for me