Sonos One SL playing Kindle books

• 17 February 2021
  • 5 replies

Few months ago I was able to play Kindle books in my Sonos SL paired as stereo, not sure what happened that now its not possible, I tried resetting both speakers to factory settings and configuring them again but no luck. 

Does anyone has experienced this or know how could this be solved? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

What method were you using to play Kindle books through your Sonos speakers?

I was using Alexa App in iPhone and iPad, on both selecting any book and just playing same as a song. 

Userlevel 7

Try disabling the Sonos skill in the Alexa app and reinstalling it. If that doesn’t work, try deleting and reinstalling the Alexa app. You can also try removing the One SLs from your devices in the Alexa app and rediscovering them.

I tried this too… something that I don’t remember is if I should see the two speakers or just one. 

See in the image how it’s showing both, and when trying to reproduce it says that is not possible sue an error.

Userlevel 7

If they are currently paired as a stereo pair in the Sonos app, you should only see one. Try removing both One SLs from your list of devices in the Alexa app, make sure they are paired in the Sonos app, and have Alexa rediscover them.