Answered

Sonos One saying it is offline and unable to use voice control

Badge

Hi all,

I have been digging into the forums here and on the web in general, and cant find a solution to this.  My Sonos One stopped responding to voice commands today.  I have tried all solutions that I could find, including deregistering & re-registering, unplugging,  rebooting my router, standing on my head while facing east…  well you get the idea.  Can anyone please help??? 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 21 March 2024, 17:51

View original

67 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I really hope this isn’t some underhanded attempt to move us to s2 and force us to spend money 

I really hope this isn’t some underhanded attempt to move us to s2 and force us to spend money 

I highly doubt it.  There's far more effective ways of doing that than an outage on one of 3 voice control services.

Userlevel 1

At this point maybe they should increase all of our upgrade "discounts" from 30% to 75% as a recognition of the outage and inconvenience, and it gets us to S2...

I had a response from Sonos customer care as I emailed the CEO. They assure me that they are working with Alexa to find a fix and that apparently this has also affected some S2 users. We will see. But the more of us that email them the better. 

All. I was just about to write a note saying that Sonos should make it clear on their status page that their is a live issue they are dealing with. They do. Well done Sonos. I can now check back here to see what is going on.

https://status.sonos.com/

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I’m unclear if this problem was caused by the SONOS update alone ? Are S1 systems without the update OK ?  And the fact SONOS keep saying they are working with AMAZON/ALEXA implies ALEXA have changed something at the same time . Which seems to be the case if some S2 systems are also affected.

If this is the case , that’s maybe why it isn’t a simple matter of rolling back the SONOS s/w ?

Although ALEXA works OK on my BT Digital voice phone and other devices.

Userlevel 2
Badge

It’s been five days now of a high impact outage and no updates 

hello Sonos, time for an update on resolution 

Userlevel 2

Same. 

Badge

It's back today - system update just came through 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @samsaints et al

We have released an update for S1 that we believe addresses this issue. Please check your system for updates and test. If you continue to see this issue after updating, we recommend you get in touch with our technical support team for assistance.

Thank you for your patience

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Thanks Corry, applied update and she’s working again...Thanks

PS I don’t know why but ALEXA through SONOS always says “SOMETHING WENT WRONG TRY AGAIN” the first time I ask her anything :) … Been doing it for months now

Oh dear, I’ve tried twice to update but keep getting an error message. On the Alexa app it still says all my speakers are off line. 

Well done Sonos. Update good and all working again.

Many thanks.

First try I got an error. Rebooted app, tried again, all worked. Thanks. Still surprised SONOS can't find a way of allowing older SONOS products onto S2, even via some form of additional bridge / dongle / etc. however, happy :-)

Badge

Hi @samsaints et al

We have released an update for S1 that we believe addresses this issue. Please check your system for updates and test. If you continue to see this issue after updating, we recommend you get in touch with our technical support team for assistance.

Thank you for your patience

Than you for resolving this, its nice to hear Alexa and have hear me!  Well done.

Badge

*Thank

Now working again …. Thanks Sonos.