Sonos One problems

I'm starting another thread because someone marked my other one answered and it hasn't been answered. Why would someone do that? :@

Anyway....

Here is a link to the other topic. Ignore the first page as I was pretty ticked off for a while. Actually, I'm still ticked off, and I'm trying to not rant.

https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/i-think-i-ve-made-an-expensive-mistake-6796277

After all I've gone through the comment that best fits the current circumstance is "One step forward. Twelve steps back."

I thought I was getting there. I really did. Everything was close to working except Alexa kept dropping music in the middle of a song or after only two or three songs. It was taking verbal requests as well. I had to stop working on it and do some shopping.

When I got home I found that none of the buttons on the top of the speakers worked. No volume up/down or play/pause. No sound or response when pressing them.

And when I said "Alexa", I got the "I do not understand..." error.

So I'm really no farther today then I was last Monday morning.

Rant
What an amazing amount of wasted time and effort. I should have a chance to call Sonos help tomorrow, but I'm damned if I'm going to sit for over half an hour waiting for an understaffed help desk to answer the phone.
/Rant

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I think because you said in one post you had solved your issue and Sonos marked it solved.

Feel free to expand in this thread.
Honestly, I can't think of anything to add that I haven't gone over in these two threads. That might change later today after I have some time to work with these two dead lumps called Sonos Ones. I'm still posting in the other thread, but to be honest I don't expect any usable answers to my questions. Reasons for what others say I'm experiencing are given freely. Methods (meaning at least some basic instructions) for resolving the issues are non-existent.

So goes life on a community board.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I think that you tried the steps I listed in the Answer to this post apart from one:

https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/sonos-one-not-responding-to-alexa-comands-6793239

The command that you couldn't find is in the Sonos App>Settings>Room Settings>{Your Sonos One}>Voice Services, please remove Voice Control once you have logged into the Alexa App via Voice Services.
Please remove Voice Control once you have logged into the Alexa App via Voice Services.

And where do I find this Voice Control there? I don't know what you see at the end of your directions, but there is nothing concerning Voice Control on my screen.

I think that you tried the steps I listed in the Answer to this post apart from one:

https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/sonos-one-not-responding-to-alexa-comands-6793239

The command that you couldn't find is in the Sonos App>Settings>Room Settings>{Your Sonos One}>Voice Services, please remove Voice Control once you have logged into the Alexa App via Voice Services.
Tek_Freek,

Call Sonos. Please, for the love of Mike, call Sonos.
The problem is that I can work with this community and the Sonos in an off/on manner. I rarely have time to wait between 30 or over 60 minutes for someone to answer the phone. If I have to leave and come back to the app I can. If I have to leave and they answer then I can't troubleshoot with them unless they are willing to sit on hold until I get home.

I'm betting they won't wait 15-30 minutes for me to do that.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Have you tried using Facebook Messenger to Sonos?
Been a while since I was here. For a number of reasons. One being frustration. Getting a post marked as "answered" when it obviously wasn't is another.

I finally got things working. I reset both speakers to factory (Hold the button, plug it in, wait for the red/green flashing light). Reinstalled from square one for everything.

Another is that I found a post in the middle of all my research (not sure where it was) stating that Amazon (who's online help sucks - and not just for Sonos and Alexa) and that post stated that Amazon was having problems with tokens (I think that's the term they used) not holding. And that was causing the loss of continued playing of music. So I decided to just wait since I still had plenty of time to return the equipment.

As of a few weeks ago everything is working. I didn't want to come here and announce this since someone gets antsy about marking a post as "Answered" when it's not.

So yes, everything is working. Listening to a football game is as awesome as listening to music.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Sorry. Wrong forum!
Trying to listen to football commentary on BBC Radio Leicester but getting th usual due to contractual reasons we are unable to bring you this broadcast. Really annoying. Now having to listen via Freeview!

That has nothing to do with Sonos. Sports broadcasts are often blacked out on the internet due to contracts with other streaming services or apps. Same here in the states, you can't get NFL and NHL streams unless you get them via their apps or pay via SiriusXM. MLB is available as a service on Sonos.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Trying to listen to football commentary on BBC Radio Leicester but getting th usual due to contractual reasons we are unable to bring you this broadcast. Really annoying. Now having to listen via Freeview!

That has nothing to do with Sonos. Sports broadcasts are often blacked out on the internet due to contracts with other streaming services or apps. Same here in the states, you can't get NFL and NHL streams unless you get them via their apps or pay via SiriusXM. MLB is available as a service on Sonos.

Sorry wrote this in the wrong forum!!