Question

SONOS One play Deezer?

• 24 October 2017
  • 4 replies

Badge
Will Sonos One play my Deezer songs / playlists? Assume this would then work with my groups...

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Sonos One will play any Music Service that can be added to Sonos, as per every other Sonos speaker. At present only Amazon Music has full voice control. Other music services, or local content, can be controlled by voice in a limited fashion (Next, previous, pause, volume) once they have first been started by the Sonos app. Grouping is as per other Sonos speakers and at present also needs to be done via the Sonos App.
Badge
Thanks - does this mean that command (voice), "Alexa, play Ceremonials from Deezer" will not work so I need to use the SONOS app I use now..? If so why would you bother with SONOS One at present? I guess you would if your only music source was Amazon unlimited.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Thanks - does this mean that command (voice), "Alexa, play Ceremonials from Deezer" will not work so I need to use the SONOS app I use now..? Yes

You may not bother, but if you are in the market for an Alexa device the Play One is the best sounding one. If you were going to buy a Play 1 I can see getting a One would give you Alexa without any downsides (other than los of mounting thread) Also other music services will appear. It can be of no surprise that Amazon is first as they will want to drive their music service in the build up to Christmas. I'm also not aware of any other Voice controlled device that links to Deezer yet.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
That's correct. You cannot tell Alexa to play music from services that are not supported through the Alexa app. Right now those services are...

Amazon Music Prime and Unlimited
Amazon Music (the service where you upload your music to their servers)
TuneIn (no Premium service)
iHeartRadio
Pandora
SiriusXM

Spotify is in the works right now... no date has been given for its availability.

You can start playing music through the Sonos app, then give voice commands for things like "pause", "next"/"skip", etc... so it's not a total loss. But to get full functionality of Alexa, you need to use music services that Alexa supports.