Answered

Sonos one not seeing smart devices

Badge +1
I have 4 smart TP Link devices which have always worked via sonos Alexa but now when I ask to turn on, change colour etc Sonos Alexa says "sorry, I didn't find front room light". I've checked all apps and the names are correct. I've even reset the sonos one but still no joy.

Edit: should add the Echo I have in the bedroom understands and completes any commands I ask of it.
icon

Best answer by DomJF 26 June 2018, 13:56

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

First off, I suggest you Disable then Enable the Sonos skill and retest. If the problem persists, then please do the same for the TP-Link Kasa skill.

Let us know how you get on.
Badge +1
Hi, thanks for the response. Already done that but will go over it again.
Badge +1
OK so far I've reset everything and removed all skills and added them again. Amazon app finds the devices and control works from my phone and the Echo but the play one keeps telling me she can't find them.

Badge +1
Hi Sonos, any help here?

I've just factory reset everything and removed TP Link Kasa and Amazon Alexa apps from my phone, complete fresh start (pain in the ass) and still the same issue which means this is server side??

Amazon Alexa app sees the bulbs etc, Echo unit sees the blubs but the Play One can't see them at all.

Badge +1
Ive also found out Sonos Alexa won't see my Amazon playlists!!!
DomJF,

In the Sonos App 'Settings/Room Settings' is your Amazon Alexa Account linked to your Sonos One (Room)...it will show you the linked Amazon account details immediately below the Alexa icon at the top of the room settings? If not you may need to add the account.
Badge +1
DomJF,

In the Sonos App 'Settings/Room Settings' is your Amazon Alexa Account linked to your Sonos One (Room)...it will show you the linked Amazon account details immediately below the Alexa icon at the top of the room settings? If not you may need to add the account.

Hi Ken, thanks for the reply. Trust me, I've already made sure all elements are reinstall.

Seems to me there's a break in the sonos alexa/amazon Alexa hand off as the Echo works just find and the sonos can't see the smart devices in the amazon apps are my play lists in amazon music.

It's really annoying as I've had to bring the Echo downstairs to control my lights.

Am I in the right place to get support from Sonos?
There is 24/7 sonos support via Twitter and Facebook ... see this link:

Contact Sonos Support/Twitter etc.
Badge +1
Hi all. The level two guys at Sonos sorted this. Long story short is Amazon Household caused the issue as my wife was added. We removed her and it's all working again.
DomJF,

Thanks for coming back to us with the solution. Glad you finally got things sorted and working again.