Skip to main content
Hi, I just installed my Sonos one last night. Got all the skills, apps setup. Go to ask Alexa to play a song from Amazon Music, she replies saying 'playing (artist name) from Amazon Music' then nothing happens. Anyone else having these problems or know a solution?

Thanks!
Having the same problem. So frustrated. Someone help!!
Yep, same here. Works sometimes, doesn’t work other times.
Solution! Disable the Sonos skill in the Alexa app, then enable again. Then say: ‘Alexa, discover devices’. This should rediscover your phone then should work. Try playing a song/radio.
Awesome, that worked, thanks!
This fixed the problem for me a few weeks ago, but since the latest update, this doesn't work, seems to work in my bedroom but not in the kitchen....
Hi, I just installed my Sonos one last night. Got all the skills, apps setup. Go to ask Alexa to play a song from Amazon Music, she replies saying 'playing (artist name) from Amazon Music' then nothing happens. Anyone else having these problems or know a solution?

Thanks!

simonfenn1981's answer worked for me. Thank you
Solution! Disable the Sonos skill in the Alexa app, then enable again. Then say: ‘Alexa, discover devices’. This should rediscover your phone then should work. Try playing a song/radio.
You’re brilliant! After hours on the phone to John Lewis and Sonos ( he hung up on me, as I couldn’t understand what he was saying and so was slow) - your answer solved it! I was prepared to go on another 44 mile round trip to get a replacement.
Solution! Disable the Sonos skill in the Alexa app, then enable again. Then say: ‘Alexa, discover devices’. This should rediscover your phone then should work. Try playing a song/radio. this worked! You made me happy!