Answered

Sonos one - Music voice command not playing music.

• 24 October 2017
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1
Hi, I just installed my Sonos one last night. Got all the skills, apps setup. Go to ask Alexa to play a song from Amazon Music, she replies saying 'playing (artist name) from Amazon Music' then nothing happens. Anyone else having these problems or know a solution?

Thanks!
icon

Best answer by simonfenn1981 24 October 2017, 20:41

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Having the same problem. So frustrated. Someone help!!
Userlevel 2
Badge
Yep, same here. Works sometimes, doesn’t work other times.
Userlevel 1
Solution! Disable the Sonos skill in the Alexa app, then enable again. Then say: ‘Alexa, discover devices’. This should rediscover your phone then should work. Try playing a song/radio.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Awesome, that worked, thanks!
This fixed the problem for me a few weeks ago, but since the latest update, this doesn't work, seems to work in my bedroom but not in the kitchen....
Hi, I just installed my Sonos one last night. Got all the skills, apps setup. Go to ask Alexa to play a song from Amazon Music, she replies saying 'playing (artist name) from Amazon Music' then nothing happens. Anyone else having these problems or know a solution?

Thanks!
simonfenn1981's answer worked for me. Thank you
Solution! Disable the Sonos skill in the Alexa app, then enable again. Then say: ‘Alexa, discover devices’. This should rediscover your phone then should work. Try playing a song/radio.
You’re brilliant! After hours on the phone to John Lewis and Sonos ( he hung up on me, as I couldn’t understand what he was saying and so was slow) - your answer solved it! I was prepared to go on another 44 mile round trip to get a replacement.
Solution! Disable the Sonos skill in the Alexa app, then enable again. Then say: ‘Alexa, discover devices’. This should rediscover your phone then should work. Try playing a song/radio. this worked! You made me happy!