Sonos One Intercom Drop In

• 5 November 2017
  • 9 replies

Badge +1
Does my Sonos One support the drop in option that my echo dot has?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

No. Amazon has designated Calling and Drop In functions as Echo only.
Badge +1
Any chance that in future updates this will be included ?
That's more of a question for Amazon, than it is of Sonos. At least, it's my impression that keeping it in their own devices is Amazon's decision.
Actually we don't know if it is just a "decision" on the part of Amazon or if there are technical reasons that make it impractical to support this through the API.
this is really disappointing. Just got a sonos one for xmas and was looking forward to using this feature. Hoping its something that amazon was limiting to their devices and will decide to open up to others.....
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
it is an amazon decision right now
Userlevel 1
In the Alexa app or on the alexa.amazon.com go to "Help and Settings" and under "Contact Us" you can submit feedback to request this feature. I sent a request this morning. I'm really disappointed this feature doesn't exist. I would not have purchased the Sonos One's had I known.
I was hoping to use this on the Sonos One - although it was an afterthough / nice-to-have after I'd already bought them in preparation for Google Assistant to come online... Hopefully Google Assistant will give this capability and if Amazon realise lots of people are using it, they'll open it up on Echo too.
https://www.tomsguide.com/us/-alexa-gadgets-voice-calls,news-27036.html

Is it an Amazon or Sonos limitation then?