Sonos ONE India

• 6 November 2017
  • 13 replies

Just got a Sonos One from UK but app says Voice Services not yet available in India; also Alexa added Sonos skill but unable to detect device. Is there a timeline when Sonos likely to enable voice for India?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

13 replies

As of last evening, the Sonos skill isn't added, where do you see it in the app?

Also see: https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/sonos-alexa-integration-india-6793401
On the Alexa app I followed the path to skills and searched for Sonos One and the skill got added straight away - sadly cant detect device post that.
Thanks - seems like there re others in similar situation of Alexa-Sonos integration. Was considering using a Dot to integrate but seems like that too has challenges from what I see.
Hoping for solution from Sonos & Amazon soon
That is strange; I can find no such skill in my Alexa app downloaded from the Indian Google Play store.
But regardless, we have to wait for our turn.
I added a Sonoff skill to my Sonos One - it worked fine. I tried to set up music - it failed. I asked Amazon support to change my location to India. I added Saavn. Now no Indian skill works because it says "language error".
Hi All,

I brought a Sonos One from the US for use in India. Shall I return it....I understand from this thread that the product doesn't work in India and there is no plans to support it in 2018.
Got play 5 from US, till now no skill launched in India, neither amazon music is listed in sonos, so got prime membership for alexa and saavn for sonos, thought to have best of two worlds but landed in 4 worlds.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Got play 5 from US, till now no skill launched in India, neither amazon music is listed in sonos, so got prime membership for alexa and saavn for sonos, thought to have best of two worlds but landed in 4 worlds.

Don't expect positive outcome from them any sooner. They are incompetent and jumped into voice wagon just to trick people and make money. I was under assumption that they will be able to implement one country per. But the sheer incompetence underestimated.

Looks like now their plan is to implement one House per month.

Got from US hence unable to sell it or return it, meanwhile they are walking to the bank all the way laughing.
I have Sonos 5 from USA. I have echo dot plugged in through auxiliary. Now you use echo dot as wireless speaker and order your music, but pass output to Sonos through aux. It just works fine.
Yes, that is correct; the problem is most people have the Sonos One or the Play 1 that do not have the necessary jacks for this excellent solution.
I have a SONOS One as well and it does not work in India. Alexa can not find SONOS skill. I have written to Amazon and Sonos support multiple times and they just play the blame game and accuse each other of not enabling the skill.

I'd suggest everyone to write to both Sonos and Amazon and demand that the skill is enabled.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Sonos do not yet support Voice Control in India - this won't change no matter how many times you post the question in a thread! Sonos have some development and testing to complete after Amazon release Alexa within a country before they will Support Voice Control of Sonos products. This effort will go in to a process of prioritisation along with all other development effort and as yet Sonos haven't given an indication of when this will happen.
It worked for a while though.. I'm unsure why it stopped working all of a sudden. Honestly, coming from a tech background I do not feel it is a rocket science to be able to enable the voice control.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
It worked for a while though.. I'm unsure why it stopped working all of a sudden. Honestly, coming from a tech background I do not feel it is a rocket science to be able to enable the voice control.

Then you'll understand Regression testing 🙂 You can get it to work by changing your Sonos profile address to a UK or US address and then open a US or UK account for Amazon, Spotify etc. (Although, Spotify appear to be checking the country of the Payment Option)