Sonos One doesn't currently support 'learn my voice' command

Hi folks, I encountered some odd behavior the other day when I tried to tune Alexa's voice recognition on the Sonos One by using the command "Alexa, learn my voice." The device accepted the command, but when it started the procedure it spoke the word 'Alexa', which the device interpreted as the wake word, causing the procedure to stop. After contacting Sonos support, I found out that the Sonos One doesn't yet have the ability to do voice tuning. I'm hoping we'll see a patch so that the device handles this scenario more gracefully.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello there, cdarsch. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. As you found out, the "learn my voice" command is not supported on Sonos One. That being said, I am happy to forward this along to the team as a feature request. Thanks again for sharing your feedback.
Any word on an update
Badge
Interestingly when you view the supported devices through the "Your Voice" section in the iOS app, it lists Songs one as one of the devices where "Alexa can learn your voice on the following devices at this time". Maybe this is imminent? ...or an error
Any idea when this is being added?
Any word on an update?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
No updates to share at this time - we do not share our impending features until they are on the cusp of being integrated. If it is to be introduced, we will be sure to let you know prior to its dispatch.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Any reason why the Alexa iOS app states that Sonos One is supported for recognized voice setup....if it is actually not supported?
Userlevel 2
Badge
Example screenshot of the setup pages in Alexa iOS app stating Sonos One is supported??? I’ve also emailed Alexa customer service with the same query.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13
I am in the UK and used one of the Sonos Ones in a stereo pair learn my voice and it worked fine.
Userlevel 2
Badge
I am in Australia so is this a limitation for Australian users/voice?
Userlevel 5
Badge +13
A beautiful country, hope to get back someday.🆒

Not sure if it a limitation or not, but Alexa voice profiles have only very recently been released in the UK.
i was able to get it to work by muting the mic for the part where alexa was getting confused by her saying her own name. its a shame i have to resort to hacking for something like sonos but i got it to work. hope this helps someone