Question

Sonos One cutting out

• 2 November 2017
  • 11 replies

My music just keeps cutting out as though the internet connection is dropping out or something but it’s a strong signal

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Hi there, fidoandpooch. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. Would you mind submitting a diagnostic report and replying with the seven-digit confirmation number it gives at the end? This may give us some helpful information as to what could be causing this. Thanks in advance.
Same here. I did the update 3 days ago and audio keeps dropping out.
Ditto!!! This crap is really annoying.
Connection problems which appear suddenly are often caused by network problems, not Sonos problems. The typical cause is duplicate IP addresses. These often show up after an update or power outage because a reboot requires the device to request a new IP, and the router, having lost track of current IP assignments, issues a new IP that is in use by another device. To cure this, do the following:

Reboot/power cycle your devices in the following order:

Modem
Router
Switches or hubs
Wired Sonos units
Wireless Sonos units
Computers/printers
Wireless devices - phones/tablets etc.

Allow each device to come back up before proceeding to the next. Note that you can permanently prevent duplicate IP addresses by assigning an IP to each device's MAC address in the router setup. See your router manual for details.
Same here. Sorry boys I am not so sure it is an internet issue. Sorry for the music choice here but if you say Alexa play radio 2, of course she will. Keeps dropping in and out all the time, never had this problem before. If you switch Alexa off and play the same radio station through the same source but this time select via a controller - in this case an iPad you don’t have the problem. In fact it’s faultless, only occurs when selecting via Alexa. Try it !
I just purchased the Sonos 1 and I have to say it is a huge disappointment so far. The Alexa has limited functionality, and today I am experiencing the signal cut out mentioned in this thread. I have always been a major Sonos fan, but this product has done damage to both the Sonos and Amazon brand. I hope someone from Sonos will explain how they let this disaster happen.
I just purchased the Sonos 1 and I have to say it is a huge disappointment so far. The Alexa has limited functionality, and today I am experiencing the signal cut out mentioned in this thread. I have always been a major Sonos fan, but this product has done damage to both the Sonos and Amazon brand. I hope someone from Sonos will explain how they let this disaster happen.

Same here. Had no issues, beyond Alexa's frustratingly woeful "skills" but today the Sonos One has been cutting in/out all day long. I followed the instructions suggested above in the thread to no avail.

Maybe it's a blind bias on my behalf, but I still pin these issues on Amazon. That said, it's become painfully obvious Alexa's integration is horrible at best and Sonos should have kept it under wraps until it was fully vetted.
Badge
Same thing here. Cuts out. I tried to update and run from the Sonos app but it cuts out on Pandora. Then I tried my music library - off my MAC and using wired speakers and no cut out. Plays nicely. But now I rebooted the entire Sonos player and it picks up Sonos One, my wired speakers and it will not pick up one wireless speaker that I have.

I HATE THIS! Everything was working great - I could tell Alexa what speakers to play and what music and now the entire system if F**cked up. Why can't programers leave something that is working well alone! I'm figuring if rebooting my entire internet connection doesn't fix this I'm going to send the Sonos One with Alexa and maybe my Sonos 3 back to them and they can stuff them.

Sonos was so good until the last update and now it's just frustrating and I hate it.
Badge
Ok I went to preferences on the Sonos menu and then I changed the channel. (Sonos>Prefernces>Advanced) and I changed my channel to 11. It seems to be working. All my wired and wireless speakers are working when I'm running the app from my MAC.

Next I asked Alexa to play music and she did. So far it has not cut off and it's played 3 songs in a row.

There is a link to this in the Sonos support site on how to change your channel.....🆒
Well, that’s it for me. I have never seen a less reliable product for so much money. A great idea with absolutely lousy execution. It goes back tomorrow.
Userlevel 3
Badge
Same here. Sorry boys I am not so sure it is an internet issue. Sorry for the music choice here but if you say Alexa play radio 2, of course she will. Keeps dropping in and out all the time, never had this problem before. If you switch Alexa off and play the same radio station through the same source but this time select via a controller - in this case an iPad you don’t have the problem. In fact it’s faultless, only occurs when selecting via Alexa. Try it !

Yes this - I have this exactly issue. It only happens when the play is started by Alexa.