Question

SONOS ONE controlling other speakers

• 30 January 2018
  • 9 replies

I own 1 Sonos One in my kitchen and in a separate room two play ones (in stereo) and one play three. Can ask Alexa in the kitchen to start playing music on my grouped two play one and play 3 in the other room?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Yes tell the Sonos one to "Play ?Music? in ?Name of one of rooms in group?"
Badge
hello, this doesn't seem to work for me
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Do you show all the other rooms in the alexa app
Badge
Yes
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I would try disabling the skill in amazon app and reenabling.
Badge

Okay willl try that, any way to have her play all rooms at once ? Or change the volume for all at once?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Okay willl try that, any way to have her play all rooms at once ? Or change the volume for all at once?

If you create a group of players under the Rooms tab in the Sonos app, then a voice command to any of the players within that group will output to the entire group. There is no current method of changing the Group volume via voice control, currently you need to use the Sonos App. Voice Command does work on individual room volume however by using the command that Chris identified above. e.g. 'Alexa, Louder on Lounge' where Lounge is a room name within the Sonos App.
Badge

If you create a group of players under the Rooms tab in the Sonos app, then a voice command to any of the players within that group will output to the entire group. There is no current method of changing the Group volume via voice control, currently you need to use the Sonos App. Voice Command does work on individual room volume however by using the command that Chris identified above. e.g. 'Alexa, Louder on Lounge' where Lounge is a room name within the Sonos App.

The individual volume control doesn’t seems to work. Even after renabling the Sonos skill
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

Can you please work through the steps I've listed in the Answer to this post and let us know how you get on:

https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/alexa-says-she-is-playing-on-kitchen-but-no-sound-comes-out-6800126