Question

Sonos one - can't add Alexa to Sonos - voice option missing - mic not working

• 11 November 2019
  • 2 replies

I’m trying to connect my Sonos One and Alexa, but it doesn’t work. I think it’s because the micro isn’t working as Sonos and Alexa seems to be connected, but I don’t know how to turn it on. There is no voice service option on my Sonos app available, I can only add the streaming services. I tried to reinstal, reset, touched the micro butten on sonos thousand times - not working. In my Alexa app it seem to be connected with Sonos, the Sonos skill is enebled, however there is written “Alexa on this phone (Android) - online” and then “My room - the sonos”, which is enebled. Should “my room” be online? How can I do it? If I’m looking for other devices there is: “no other devices found”.

Also sometimes the Sonos app can’t connect to the Sonos...is there anything I can do, so that the app finds the Sonos without problems? It’s really annoying when I have to restart the app 10 times :/

Can anyone please help?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Do you have another Alexa enabled device with the same name?

If that’s the case one of them needs to be renamed.

--akeh

No other devices.

I already solved the problem...it had to be restarted several times and now it works. But thanks for your response.