Question

Sonos One 'Audio actions in routines are not currently supported on this device' when no audio actions defined...

• 6 December 2018
  • 2 replies

Replaced an Echo with a Sonos One and have a few basic routines. One of the routines is just to turn on 3 iDevice plugs and that is it. If I trigger that routine 'Alexa, Christmas time' everything works, but I get 'Audio actions in routines are not currently supported on this device' There is no audio in there, just 3 plugs. They are not in a group. In fact, I don't have any groups defined apart from 'Everywhere' which isn't called here.

I'm glad it works, the message is just annoying us. Any thoughts on how to get rid of it? I have recreated the routine a few times.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Cross posting my response to a similar thread. This error is driving me nuts, especially since everything was working fine until just recently...

https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/sonos-one-alexa-audio-actions-are-currently-not-supported-on-this-device-6817988/index1.html#post16300651
Same issue here. Super annoying. Why can't Sonos work on this? The routines I have work and are very simple (amusing my daughter to program Alexa to answer certain questions in a specific way) but follow Alexa stating that audio actions are not supported (yet, they are!). Let's go Sonos!