Sonos One and multiple Amazon account logins

• 19 July 2018
  • 4 replies

Hi, I would like to purchase 3 Sonos Ones for our bedrooms and get rid of our amazon dots. If my teenagers have their own amazon prime login with the Amazon family share would they be able to login with their accounts but still have the speakers in their own room in the controller app?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

You can add multiple accounts to the Sonos system. Then each user can set a default account for their controller device. However, I'm not sure if that works for Alexa, I think Alexa can only have one account assigned.
I think you can just make sure you are signed into the Amazon app in the phone you are using for setup with the account you want to use... Let us know if that worked.
I think you can just make sure you are signed into the Amazon app in the phone you are using for setup with the account you want to use... Let us know if that worked.It would be interesting to hear if that works, as I would have expected that to have no effect on what Sonos did. But that isn't based on actual experience and I could be wrong.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
The relationship between a Sonos account and an Amazon account must be 1:1. I helped someone out about a month after the launch of the Sonos One and due to a Sonos - Amazon account linking confusion, the boyfriends request to his Alexa started music in his girlfriends Sonos system in a completely different geographical location of the US. 🙂 Took a while to figure that one out! 🙂