Sonos One and Echo Dot - still not sure this has been clarified...

• 8 July 2018
  • 6 replies

Hi, I have an Amazon Echo Dot, linked to three Sonos Play 1, and all is working well (I can tell the Dot to play music, through Spotify, to each of the two different rooms the Sonos Play 1 are in). I also have a boost.

I have just bought a Sonos One, to put in another room (very close to the others). However I cannot seem to connect the new Sonos One to the same Spotify account as the Dot - says that the music is not available “I can’t find songs by...”. When I ask Sonos One to “play Spotify” it says I need to link my Premium Account, using the Alexa App. I have the Alexa App with Premium Spotify Account, but this is connected to the Dot.

Can both the Amazon Echo Dot and the Sonos One be connected to the same Alexa App with the same Spotify Premium Account, and if so how!? All I want to do is give voice commands through Alexa to play music on the Sonos, either from the Dot, or Sonos One (whichever I a closer to).

Thank you

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Can you please confirm that:
- Spotify Premium is configured into the Alexa app, and also set as the primary music source
- Spotify Premium is also configured into the Sonos system
- you've run a 'discover devices' on Alexa since installing the One?
Hi,
-Spotify Premium is configured into the Alexa app (it runs through the Dot fine), and is set to the primary music source
-How can I check if Spotify Premium is configured into the Sonos system?
-I have ran “discover devices” on Sonos One, and also disabled and then enabled the Sonos Skill on Alexa app.

Thanks
How can I check if Spotify Premium is configured into the Sonos system?Go to Settings/My Music Services in your Sonos controller.

I have ran “discover devices” on Sonos One, and also disabled and then enabled the Sonos Skill on Alexa app.
After disabling/re-enabling the skill you should be prompted to do a new discovery. If not, you can say 'Alexa, discover devices'.
-Spotify Premium is configured to the Sonos system.
-I have disabled/re-enabled, and done “discover devices”, nothing changes.

Do you have any further help? Is what I am trying to do possible?

Thanks
I think it should work. Best to submit a system diagnostic and post the confirmation number. Someone from Sonos Support can then take a look.
Will do, thanks