Question

Sonos One and Alexa Skill issues

• 5 January 2018
  • 1 reply

I know that the Sonos One Alexa integration is limited. However, as Alexa devices now pervade my home this limitation has become more frustrating. My specific issue is with Alexa skills that I have added. One in particular exemplifies my problem. Twitch has a new Alexa skill with which I can play the audio from a stream through my Alexa connected devices. This is triggered with phrases like "Alexa, ask Twitch to play ". With the Sonos One, it responds to the commands, but will not play the audio. So, if I ask it to list streams it'll do it, ask me which I want and then do nothing when one is selected. So, I can't really tell what's going on. It seems that the skill is supported but it just doesn't play the audio.

Have any of y'all resolved these kinds of issues with skill integration on the One? The problem is compounded because of the location of my One. The One picks up my request from the main living areas in the house because the mic is amazing. To get a dot to pick up this command I have to walk to the dot and whisper into its ear so the jealous One doesn't overhear.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, hupp2it. Welcome to the community. The Twitch skill is not yet supported on the ONE, so this is not entirely unusual. We are working hard to introduce more features over time. We will be sure to forward your request. Let us know if you need anything else.