Answered

Sonos One and Alexa

• 13 November 2022
  • 15 replies

My Sonos One and Echo both stopped responding to voice commands last night.  While the Echo is now working correctly, the Sonos I'd a different story.  I have tried everything, including a Factory Reset.

I'm hoping someone had some fresh ideas.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 14 November 2022, 23:13

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

15 replies

Hello

I'm leaning towards the integration being busted. Seems like multiple people are experiencing this though, myself included.

Same for me.

Sonos Roam and One not responding. Other Amazon Alexa kit fine so far.

I thought it was just me!  I just replaced my Roam under warranty for a different issue.  Everything worked fine with the replacement, then this morning, Alexa and even Sonos Voice Assistant won’t respond.  Even after disabling Alexa skill, unregistering device from Alexa, factory resetting Roam, then setting up and adding skill back.  Voice Assistance won’t acknowledge my voice command.

My Sonos One stopped responding to Alexa voice commands overnight. Have followed all steps but the device still appears offline in the Alexa app. 

We’ve gone through the deregistering, signing out of all Amazon/Sonos accounts (Sonos, Amazon, Alexa), have turned off router and Sonos for 30 secs, have painstakingly ensured all devices don’t have recurring/duplicate names, and reinstalled everything. Alexa found and played the chime for the Sonos One but it still doesn’t respond. The mic button is on. 

Utterly frustrated; this has taken two hours… 

I’m wondering if it’s just Alexa or all the Voice Services?  On my Roam, I removed Alexa, unregistered the device, then only added the Sonos Voice Assistant.  During setup on a Sonos One, the setup includes an audio intro.  On my Roam, there is no audio intro, and the voice command doesn’t work either.  I wonder if everyone else is having a similar issue?

I exchanged messages with Support on Sunday.  They claim there is nothing amiss on their end.  I was instructed to call on Monday.

I’ve just tried Alexa and it’s working okay here - perhaps it’s a regional/country issue? ...I’m based in the U.K. and have tried it via an echo dot which ‘enables’ an Alexa group with Sonos speakers set as the group speakers …and also working via voice requests to Alexa added direct to both a Sonos One and a Beam (gen2).

No issues are showing on the Sonos services status page for the Alexa voice control service:

https://status.sonos.com

I exchanged messages with Support on Sunday.  They claim there is nothing amiss on their end.  I was instructed to call on Monday.

That can’t be the case based on the numerous threads, hopefully they can see now this isn’t an isolated incident.

I cannot access voice control for Sonos VA or Alexa, despite removing skill and voice accounts from Sonos and re-adding.

Thanks for the updates everyone. Helpful to know this isn’t an isolated act of randomness. We’re based in the US, and hadn’t realised how reliant we were on the voice commands until my wife had to yell to me on the bedroom to ask Alexa to turn the living room lights on haha. 

Thanks for the updates everyone. Helpful to know this isn’t an isolated act of randomness. We’re based in the US, and hadn’t realised how reliant we were on the voice commands until my wife had to yell to me on the bedroom to ask Alexa to turn the living room lights on haha. 

UPDATE: Weirdly, by deciding to activate a smaller Roam speaker this triggered the Sonos One to start operating again. Its not an ideal fix especially for those who only have the Sonos One but it worked for us. Hope its helpful.  

Alexa and Sonos Voice Assistant have both started working again, no intervention. Something must’ve happened as it was completely offline for a couple of days on all devices.

I’m experiencing exactly the same issues …..Alexa is not working as of a few days ago…. …I’ve done several factory resets …. Done countless soft reboots ……. It has to be an internal server integration issue and of course…… Alexa can’t help !!!!! Any suggestions for a workaround? 

I’m experiencing exactly the same issues …..Alexa is not working as of a few days ago…. …I’ve done several factory resets …. Done countless soft reboots ……. It has to be an internal server integration issue and of course…… Alexa can’t help !!!!! Any suggestions for a workaround? 

I’m from the UK, same as yourself (according to your profile), Alexa is working fine here for my setup and I was around at my daughters home earlier and its working fine there too on their Sonos Ones - maybe give Sonos Support, or Amazon, a call tomorrow, if you have tried removing and reinstalling the Sonos skill and the assistant on your speakers. Here’s a couple of links to perhaps assist:

Sonos Support:

https://support.sonos.com/s/contact

Amazon Support (ways to contact them):

https://www.wikihow.com/Contact-Amazon-UK

I’m from the UK, same as yourself (according to your profile), Alexa is working fine here for my setup and I was around at my daughters home earlier and its working fine there too on their Sonos Ones - maybe give Sonos Support, or Amazon, a call tomorrow, if you have tried removing and reinstalling the Sonos skill and the assistant on your speakers. Here’s a couple of links to perhaps assist:

Sonos Support:

https://support.sonos.com/s/contact

Amazon Support (ways to contact them):

https://www.wikihow.com/Contact-Amazon-UK

I’m from the UK and Alexa/ Sonos started working again for me late this morning.

I also removed Sonos skill from Alexa, removed Alexa from Sonos app and started again.

I’m from the UK and Alexa/ Sonos started working again for me late this morning.

I also removed Sonos skill from Alexa, removed Alexa from Sonos app and started again

It sounds to me like a simple need to reauthorise the Sonos/Amazon ‘sharing agreement’ token, usually fixed quickly by removing/reinstalling the Skill, but if people have tried that and also tried reinstalling the assistant on the speaker (‘the usual troubleshooting steps’) mentioned in the community here, then I guess it’s best that those who are still unable to solve their Alexa issue, should go onto contact Sonos, or Amazon Support, particularly as the Sonos services status page (still) shows the voice service is currently working normally.