Sonos One and Alexa

• 23 October 2017
  • 10 replies

Badge
Updated: All working fine, hurrah!. However, is there any way to change the wake word to Echo not Alexa with Sonos One?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 1
I heard that you cannot.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
I heard that you cannot.
This is correct. I'll pass on the request to the team for you though.
Badge
I would also like to use a different wake word for what it's worth. Thanks!
Yes! Please!!
Badge
I cannot wait for this to work. Also, I heard that Google Assistant integration is coming. This is incredibly exciting!
I have two other Alexa devises in the house and both are set to respond to Echo. I hate that I'll now be forced to refer to the Sonos one as Alexa.
Userlevel 1
Just got my Sonos One and it won't connect to my wifi. I'm using 2.4 on my iphone and it does not show up in my wifi setup so that I can connect. So frustrated! Confused now! Help please!
Same here... It sees the "One" but will not connect. Rebooted everything
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi dyasman and consultant000, if you're still having trouble getting your Sonos Ones to connect, I'd suggest give us a call on our support line.

Likely, it's some trouble with the wireless, so wiring in the player to the router might help. But the team can help you sort things out.
Userlevel 1
I quickly got it working again. Just had to unplug the Sonos and then hold in the back button and plug it in again. It's awesome. I've connected my smart switches (wemo), honeywell thermostat, and garage door (gogogate2). They all work great. It's strange/funny to open/close the garage door with your voice!