Answered

Sonos One and ADT Alexa

• 4 December 2017
  • 1 reply

Hello, I couldn't find anything on this. Does the Sonos One work with the ADT Alexa skill to turn my alarm on and off? I know the Sonos One has limited Alexa skills out of the gate, so wasn't sure about this one. Thanks.
icon

Best answer by Keith N 5 December 2017, 02:48

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello there, vcoley12. Thanks for posting to the Community. When it comes to Alexa skills, you should rest easy that the skill will work. Most IoT (Internet of Things) devices work with no problems encountered, the biggest issues seem to occur when skills call for audio/music to be played through Sonos.

On a more personal note, are you sure you want your home security system to be accessed through voice? I have an August Lock on my front door and relatively loud neighbors who could potentially unlock my front door easily if they were loud enough for my Sonos One to hear them in the Living Room. Needless to say, that smart lock isn't integrated into Alexa/Sonos. Even with the PIN safety feature.