Sonos One: "An error occurred while attempting to link alexa with sonos. Please try again later."

• 26 October 2017
  • 15 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Hi guys, in an attempt to setup Sonos One with Alex, I have encountered this error message. WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Amazon Alexa: "An error occurred while attempting to link alexa with sonos. Please try again later."

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

15 replies

Any luck resolving this issue?? Just got mine today and can’t connect to Alexa. Same error you listed above.
Having the same problem suddenly. I've had it since Christmas, but disabled the Alexa skill and went to re-enable and this error.
Badge
Any luck resolving this issue?? Just got mine today and can’t connect to Alexa. Same error you listed above.

I'm having the same issue, Sonos and Alexa began to play up about the time you posted your reply so i disabled the skill and now can't re-enable it. Exactly the same error message as the one in the OP.

Rich
Yep, I’m getting the same. Shite isn’t it?! The Echo worked eventually but since disabling it to replace with the Dot it’s all gone wrong! Reading in between the lines on some support threads I might try creating a new SONOS account as that seems to have gotten round it for some
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Me too. Was working over Xmas then disabled the app as was using a line in, tried everything this evening to re- enable the skill but all I keep getting is this error message
About 30 minutes ago, the exact same issue started happening. I performed a disable/enable on the smart skill, and now I get an error message saying "An error occurred while attempting to link Alexa with Sonos. Please try again later."

I have tried from two phones and my computer, and no luck. There has been a significant increase in similar traffic on the web in the last half hour. It makes me think Amazon or Sonos are having a problem.
Same here. I'm noticing that all our posts are within a few minutes of each other. I wonder if this is a recent glitch.
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Iv just got mine working again. I deleted the Amazon Alexa app off my phone then reinstalled it. Went through the procedure to enable the Sonos skill and this time it has worked. Worth a try!!
Folks- really could use your help. I’m
New at this whole smart TV thing. Trying to get Alexa to recognize my TV, but when I got to settings and to my Alexa, I get the “unable to connect to your Bluetooth device. Please try again.”

I have no clue what to go to on the actual TV and I’ve tried troubleshooting for a few hours now. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
johnjo569, that worked! Thank you for your suggestion.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
They are having some alexa issues right now as posted 5 minutes ago by Sonos
https://en.community.sonos.com/announcements-228985/outage-alexa-not-talking-to-sonos-january-2018-6798065
Mine worked. The original error said "try again later", but I'm so used to things saying that that never work I never even considered that I should "try again later". Just tried and it set up fine.
Update. Music plays, but Alexa doesn't work. She says "I'm having trouble understanding now"
I had a similar problem when trying to set Alexa up. The problem turned out to be I was unchecking the box to stay connected to Alexa. That button is checked by default, but if you remove the check mark the microphone turns itself off as soon as you go back to the sonos app.
Hello everyone!

If you are still having problems getting Amazon Alexa to respond, I would recommend checking out this helpful article written by Edward R that outlines common resolutions for Alexa on Sonos.

If after, you are still having problems with Alexa, I recommend giving our support technicians a call to troubleshoot this in real time. This will allow us to work through a remote session to ensure alexa.amazon.com has the proper settings to function properly with Sonos.