Question

Sonos One Alexa setup: "not yet available in your country"

Even the professional installers who helped me set up my new One speakers couldn't solve this issue. Anyone else have this error message when trying to set up voice services? I live in Los Angeles and all my devices, Amazon and Sonos accounts are registered in the USA. I've tried it with numerous iPads, iPhones to no avail. Pretty disappointed in the product as this has been going on for more than 6 weeks now.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

Are you able to try this using a PC via https://alexa.amazon.com and select Skills>Sonos

Do you have any other Alexa devices registered to your Amazon account? e.g. Echo Dot's, etc. If so, can you please select Alexa App>Settings>{Echo Device}>Device Location and check that it is correct?

Is there a chance that someone else is logged into a different Amazon account on your device? If so please log out and retest.

If the problem persists, can you remove the Alexa and Sonos Apps on your phone, next log out of ALL Amazon Accounts on your device. Please remove the Sonos Skill again and then reboot all of your Sonos devices and load the Alexa and Sonos Apps again. Please Enable the Sonos skill again and retest.

If the problem still persists, then please submit a diagnostic and post the number on this thread.
I only have Windows on my desktop at work. However, I logged into my Alexa account from the office as you suggested and I disabled the Sonos skill from Music, Videos, & Books>Sonos.

I don't have any other Alexa devices and I bought my speakers new out of the box, so they shouldn't be logged into someone else's Amazon account, unless one of the pros who helped with the installation logged into my device with their personal account. That seems unlikely, but how would I find out if that's the case?

Should I try setup again when I get home? Or should I go ahead and remove the apps from my iPhone and log out of all Amazon apps before I attempt the setup again?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I only have Windows on my desktop at work. However, I logged into my Alexa account from the office as you suggested and I disabled the Sonos skill from Music, Videos, & Books>Sonos.

I don't have any other Alexa devices and I bought my speakers new out of the box, so they shouldn't be logged into someone else's Amazon account, unless one of the pros who helped with the installation logged into my device with their personal account. That seems unlikely, but how would I find out if that's the case?

Should I try setup again when I get home? Or should I go ahead and remove the apps from my iPhone and log out of all Amazon apps before I attempt the setup again?

The Amazon account conflict would only be an issue if the app was logged into another account on your device - so we can discount this for the moment.

If you log out of all Amazon apps on your iPhone and click this link it should open in a browser rather than the App (https://alexa.amazon.com)

Did you also check that the Browser Alexa App>Settings>{Your Sonos One}>Device Location was set correctly? Also, at the botttom of this screen in the About section, is the device correctly Registered to you? If not please Deregister and then Register again.

Then please go ahead with the steps I listed in the previous reply and let us know:

Hi

Are you able to try this using a PC via https://alexa.amazon.com and select Skills>Sonos

Do you have any other Alexa devices registered to your Amazon account? e.g. Echo Dot's, etc. If so, can you please select Alexa App>Settings>{Echo Device}>Device Location and check that it is correct?

Is there a chance that someone else is logged into a different Amazon account on your device? If so please log out and retest.

If the problem persists, can you remove the Alexa and Sonos Apps on your phone, next log out of ALL Amazon Accounts on your device. Please remove the Sonos Skill again and then reboot all of your Sonos devices and load the Alexa and Sonos Apps again. Please Enable the Sonos skill again and retest.

If the problem still persists, then please submit a diagnostic and post the number on this thread.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Are you certain your sonos is registered in to the united states. Have you double checked under the Sonos.com login. Profile.
Here are my Alexa settings. Note that right now I'm still at the office and I've already disabled the Sonos skill.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
what does it say under sonos.com profile
Aha! I think you might be onto something. I have never filled out this address info in my profile, but I think I brought an older Play:1 speaker on a trip to a house in MX once, so it's possible that when I connected it to the wi-fi there, this was added to the profile(?)

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
There you go! Change to United States.
Thanks for your help. I'll try again when I get home. Really appreciate it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Enjoy your speaker!