Question

Sonos One - Alexa Setup for the UK

• 23 October 2017
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge
After a bit of playing around, I managed to setup my new Sonos One to be part of both my current Sonos system as well as Alexa (I already have several Amazon Alexa devices). Much of the setup needs to be done in the Amazon Alexa App for things like TimeZone, Location, Metric Units etc. There are still a couple of things that it'd be good to see if it's possible to fix...
1) All the other Alexa-enabled devices have the same British accented voice. The Sonos One has a North American accent. Can this be changed ?
2) Asking Alexa to play things (and other requests) is noticeably slower on the Sonos One than my other Echo and Echo Dots. Is there a difference in how or where the speech is processed ?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge
Since this, I have discovered that if you change the Wake-up Word on the Alexa App from Alexa (US) to Alexa(UK) - which I'd never noticed before - it changes to a UK accented Alexa voice.