Question

Sonos One - Alexa plays only one song from Pandora, then stops

• 7 January 2018
  • 4 replies

Set everything up as instructed with Sonos & Alexa apps, and it seemed to be working at first - but now when asking Alexa to play Pandora, it was stuck on one station in the player of the Alexa app, and when I ask it to change it sometimes told me that I need to enable that skill Sonos in the Alexa app?? when in fact it is enabled. I figured out that I could change stations by going to HOME on the Alexa app and then click on browse Pandora to select a different station - but the station I was first listening to was the image in the player. Either way, no matter what I do it only plays one song from Pandora in both the Sonos app, or the Alexa app. Definitely seems like an integration issue between Alexa & Sonos.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
So first all, I suggest you select Alexa App>Skills>Your Skills>Sonos and then 'Disable' followed 'Enable' - Please retest.

If the problem persist please follow these steps:

1/ Log out of all Amazon Apps on your device;
2/ 'Disable' (Only) the Sonos skill as above;
3/ Power down all of your Sonos players for 10 secs - wired first then the rest - then power back on;
4/ Now 'Enable' the Sonos skill as above

Please retest.
OK, got it to play more than one song doing that - however when I ask Alexa to play a different station I have created on Pandora she says I need to enable the Sonos skill (again - already did this) and discover my device (again- already did this). This is exactly what happened the first time this all began to happen. I will try the other method suggested. OK - that one isn't working either -- after powering back up and re-enabling the Sonos skill and using the app to discover my device (Sonos Play One) when I ask Alexa to play a specific Pandora station I've created it still says I need to enable the app and ask Alexa to discover the device - when I asked to discover devices she says she couldn't find any... something not quite right here-
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Okay, I suggest you fully reset your Voice Control. Please follow the steps I've listed in the Answer to this post and let us know how you get on:

https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/sonos-one-not-responding-to-alexa-comands-6793239
I seem to have success so far, but we're headed out of town and I can't test right now - I'll give you a more substantial response as soon as I can.