Sonos One - Alexa - Play Specific Song

• 14 October 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Until today, my Sonos system was very sadly unavailable to me for the past three months!  But, I am finally happy to be back in action.  One thing is puzzling me, though. I have the mic turned on for only one of my Sonos Ones.  So, I used to be able to just say "Alexa, play Sharp Dressed Man", and it would play it.  That is, I didn't have to say the artist most of the time.  If I add "by ZZ Top", it does work.  Not a huge deal, but just curious what I had added before or whatever that enabled that?  Sadly, I do not remember now!  I guess it was a couple of years ago when I set that up.  Thanks much in advance.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

It’s currently working here for me… I’m using Amazon Music Ultimate HD as my default MSP in the Alexa App.

Me: "Alexa, play sharped dressed man"

Alexa: "Here’s sharped dressed man, 2008 remaster, by ZZ Top…"  (track then plays)

Might it be your chosen MSP, perhaps?

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

It could be the Unlimited.  I had it before, but back on standard at the moment.  I will give it a try...at least to see...or maybe keep.  :)  TY for the reply and input!

It could be the Unlimited.  I had it before, but back on standard at the moment.  I will give it a try...at least to see...or maybe keep.  :)  TY for the reply and input!

I would have thought both the Amazon ‘standard’ and ‘ultimate’ services would have worked the same, personally speaking. If it’s a new Amazon account, maybe Alexa is just learning what tracks you like and the experience will perhaps improve with time.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Definitely not a new account.  I guess I have had the account for...jeez...21 years!

Definitely not a new account.  I guess I have had the account for...jeez...21 years!

It’s a bit of a strange one then.. I’m not sure why Alexa would work differently, albeit we are in different countries?

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

It’s a bit of a strange one then.. I’m not sure why Alexa would work differently, albeit we are in different countries?

Yes, looks like you’re in the UK.  I’m in the US.