Sonos one Alexa new briefing only plays the first source

• 31 March 2018
  • 5 replies

My set-up of sonos one and alexa sonos skill is fine. However, I found my flash briefing on sonos one only plays the first source on my media list (NPR in my case, never get a chance to move down to BBC news, and so on). I checked my alexa app, the location and time zone setting are correct for device "sonos one", but for my "phantom room"--bathroom, those fields are blank, and I was unable to change those fields on alexa app and alexa website. Called Echo customer service and they said I should contact sonos to resolve this issue. Can anyone help me with this?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

Try using the PC version of the app (https://alexa.amazon.com) this can sometimes fix the issue. Let us know how you get on.
Already tried, got same error message "unable to save changes".
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
When you say 'my "phantom room"--bathroom' do you mean the fact that there are two devices listed for each Sonos One?
So in my alexa, I see Sonos one AND bathroom (the sonos room I set for my sonos one).
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
So in my alexa, I see Sonos one AND bathroom (the sonos room I set for my sonos one).

Okay, that is correct. The Amazon Alexa Enabled device is the Alexa component and the Sonos Room name is the Sonos Hardware.

Can you please ask 'Alexa, what is today's weather?' and confirm that Alexa knows her location?

If she answers correctly, then the location isn't the problem.

Can you please move the BBC News to the first slot in your flash briefing and see if it reads the BBC news or not?
(Alexa App>Settings>Flash Briefing>Edit Order)