Sonos One Alexa Issues

• 28 April 2018
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge
I have two Sonos Ones that are paired as a stereo set. I noticed that whenever my router fails (need to be off and on) the Alexa feature would not work anymore - Alexa will respond to my general requests, but when it concerns the Sonos device such as play/pause/higher volume/lower volume, it will not work. I always need to remove the Sonos skill from Alexa app and remove Alexa under voice assistant and re-add them in again. Please fix this.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I suspect that is because when you router fails it no longer knows what IP addresses have been allocated to your network attached devices and so duplicates will be created. This isn't a Sonos thing to fix!

The best way to fix this is to reserve IP addresses for your Sonos devices in your router set-up.

1/ Open the settings page for your router and look for the DHCP range - normally 1-239;
2/ Under your Router LAN Setup, you should see the ability to Reserve IP Addresses;
3/ I use the range above 200 for my Sonos devices. As I don't have 200 devices attached to my home network, this means that even if the router is rebooted nothing else in my network will have been allocated an IP address in the 200-239 range.
4/ You will then need to boot your Router and after it has completed it's boot sequence, please boot your Sonos devices.

This will avoid this issue in the future.