Question

Sonos One - Alexa - HUE

• 13 December 2017
  • 3 replies

I have 2 SONOS ONE, Living Room and Bedroom. Bedroom works fine on Alexa commands for lights. Living room keeps replying Dining room not responding, living room not responding. Bedroom ONE works fine on Living and dining room. I have disabled and enable through skills, still no help. I can ask turn off dining room light1, light2 in dining fixture and alexa will reply OK, nothing happens.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi, mosess064. Thanks for posting. Sounds like you may have to take a look at the naming in the Alexa app. The errors you're describing could be because of another smart home device with the same name. Some users have fixed this by adding Sonos to the name of the Sonos player in the Alexa App.

Lemme know if you find this helpful.
I named them living room sonos and bedroom sonos when I set them up. But now looking at Alexa devices it shows 3 sonos, I only have 2. 2 show online and one offline. Since I have a hue light group named living Room, could that be a conflict? Doesn’t explain dining room issue though. Everything was fine running Echo units.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I named them living room sonos and bedroom sonos when I set them up. But now looking at Alexa devices it shows 3 sonos, I only have 2. 2 show online and one offline. Since I have a hue light group named living Room, could that be a conflict? Doesn’t explain dining room issue though. Everything was fine running Echo units.

You need to make sure that all device and group names are unique, so this is probably your issue. I personally find the naming convention Room Name + Device Name works well for me. e.g. Kitchen Sonos, Kitchen Echo Dot and then leaves the ability to have groups named on just Room Name.

With regard to the additional Sonos player, log on to the PC Alexa App - https://alexa.amazon.com and select Smart Home>Devices and scroll to the bottom of the list and select 'Forget All' then 'Discover', this should update you device list. (Under Alexa App>Settings you will always see 2 devices for your Sonos One: One for the Alexa component and the other for the Sonos Player. If you still seeing a device that is flagged as 'Off-Line' then select Settings>Devices>the off line device and it will give you the option to make it 'On Line')