Answered

Sonos One

• 28 October 2017
  • 3 replies

I have set up my Sonos One. I have 5 Sonos 1's, a playbar, subwoofer, and sonos 5. I have 2 sonos one's, playbar and woofer grouped in the family room for surround sound. I ask Sonos one to play classical music in the Master Bedroom and Alexa responds, Playing classical music in the master bedroom, however, it is playing everywhere!
icon

Best answer by SandyJ 28 October 2017, 22:56

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Check to see that the family room is not grouped with the master bedroom on the Sonos app. At this point, grouping/ungrouping functionality is not available via Alexa. The Alexa part of the integration won't know anything about groups until they release a new SDK early next year, so asking her to play to one speaker in a group will play to all. Use the Sonos app to set your groups accordingly.
Ok that worked. Alexa will play the music in the kitchen ( and play different music in the MBR) as asked. If I want to add other rooms I have to do it via the app. Is that true. Alexa doesn't understand if I want to add the same music in additional rooms. Thanks for your help.
That is true. Grouping is done via the Sonos app. Then you can play to the whole group by telling Alexa to play to any one room in the group.