Answered

sonos move won't connect to alexa

• 8 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Is I had my Sonos move connected to my Alexa then the problem with the there's a problem with the Wi-Fi and I reset the sonos and I can't find it on Alexa wrapped to to get everything I need on now I can't connect it from nexor app my son is move so I kind of just Spotify listen to the radio so when I say it isn't the radio it's like it's about to play and it doesn't play the radio station same with Spotify thanks I hope someone can help

icon

Best answer by mattyf89 9 June 2023, 19:23

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hello @mattyf89, welcome to Sonos Community!

the radio it's like it's about to play and it doesn't play the radio station same with Spotify

Since Amazon Alexa is repeating the command but the playback does not initiate, you might need to refresh the connection between the Voice Assistant and it’s Cloud.

Have a look at the following support article Alexa commands not working on Sonos but I’ll note below the most important:

Re-enable the Sonos skill

Open the Alexa app and tap on the More menu in the bottom right. Tap on Skills & Games > Your Skills > Sonos > Disable Skill. Once disabled, tap on Enable Skill.

Let us know if the above resolved your issue. If not, then I’d recommend reaching out to our Sonos Support, as they can guide you through getting Amazon Alexa back to your Sonos Move.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Steps

1. Enable the Sonos skill

1. Open the Sonos app for iOS or Android.

2. From the Settings tab, tap Services & Voice > Add a Service > Amazon Alexa > Add Amazon Alexa.

3. After being redirected to the Alexa app, tap Enable to use to sign in to your Sonos account and enable the Sonos skill. blob

2. Discover devices in the Alexa app After enabling the Sonos skill, the Alexa app will prompt you to Discover Devices. Alexa needs to go through this discovery process so it knows what names you’ve given to your Sonos products. You can also tell Alexa to Discover Devices by saying “Alexa, discover my devices.”

Thanks guys. I think it was a problem with my WiFi. I gave speaker to my brother and set it up, works fine