SONOS Move and problems with Alexa voice control

• 26 May 2022
  • 1 reply

Over the past three weeks or so voice control of my Sonos Move has become erratic.   I have already worked with the tech support desk via chat to disable/enable Alexa and some of the music services.   Normally after a reboot everything works great.   At some time later, saying “Alexa stop.” doesn’t work.   A command to play a channel or music in Amazon is successfully repeated by Alexa, but the action doesn’t take place.  If I go to my Beam and tell Alexa to play X on the Sonos Move that seems to work.  The Play5s, Beam, and Sub work great in my office and don’t seem to have this issue.

1 reply

Can you perhaps screen-capture and post your Amazon Alexa device list for your Sonos products and outline what Sonos devices (only) you have in your Alexa ‘enabled’ groups.

Also state if they are enabling/controlling the group and if the group playback options are set to ‘Always’ or ‘Only when you say the group name’.

Then I can perhaps give you some suggestions to try to ‘hopefully’ help resolve the issues mentioned.