Answered

Sonos Move Alexa Not Playing Music.

Hello -- I have a Sonos Playbar and Sonos Ones in my apartment.

Just bought a Sonos Move for to use for the summer at a rental beach house.  I added Alexa in the Sonos app and the Move is showing up in the Alexa app on my phone.  Alexa can tell me the time, set a timer, tell me the weather, etc.

I can also play music from the Sonos App and access my iTunes/Pandora/Spotify/etc. 

When I ask Alexa to play [Artist] on [iTunes/Pandora/Spotify/etc.] she responds: “to do that, first enable the skill for your sonos move in your Alexa app, then ask me to discover devices.”  I have tried to follow these instructions, to no avail. 

Is it possible that Alexa cannot work on two different WiFi networks?

icon

Best answer by UKMedia 15 July 2020, 09:54

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi

A Sonos account/system is wi-fi specific and hence location specific. So it is recommended that you have two separate accounts/systems, one for each location.

Now from a Sonos - Alexa integration viewpoint, the relationship between your Sonos and Amazon account must be a 1:1. So you would need to create two separate Amazon accounts, one for each location.

Thanks!  This worked.  I used a different e-mail address and created a new Amazon profile.  Then I de-registered the Sonos Move from my existing Amazon profile and re-registered it to my new one. 

I had to re-connect Alexa to each streaming service (iTunes, Spotify, Pandora, iHeart), but now she listens and plays music! 

A little silly that I had to jump through these hoops (and will need to re-register it to the original account once I move back to my apartment), but it works, so I’ll take it!! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

:Hi @JKeez.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us.

It seems everything is working already. Congratulations and enjoy your Sonos.

Please do not hesitate to reaching out if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Thanks @Paul A and @UKMedia!! All good.  Love all my Sonos products

I have a sonos one and I have a Sonos Move. the Sonos one plays music from Alexa sonos Move does not. Announces that it’s playing, but there is no music. Any ideas?

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Charles_21.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I understand the situation that the Sonos One works with Alexa but the Move does not. Let us help you with that.

I would like to ask some questions to better understand what is going on.

• Does playing music on the Move works (without voice command via the Sonos App or Airplay)?
  • Can we play music via the Sonos App on the Move? does it work?
  • Since when did the issue start to happen?
  • Were there any changes made prior it was still working and the moment it stopped working?
  • What light status do we have on the Sonos Move?
  • Can we submit a diagnostic so we can further check what is going on with the Sonos Move?

Please let us know how it goes. We are always here to help out.

Thanks,

• Does playing music on the Move works (without voice command via the Sonos App or Airplay)? Yes.
  • Can we play music via the Sonos App on the Move? does it work? Yes.
  • Since when did the issue start to happen?, when I installed the Move Speaker
  • Were there any changes made prior it was still working and the moment it stopped working? Never worked vis alexa
  • What light status do we have on the Sonos Move? Mic light
  • Can we submit a diagnostic so we can further check what is going on with Sonos Move. Yes

Diagnostic number 1827760514

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Charles_21.

Thanks for the detai8led response and for submitting a diagnostic.

Upon checking, the diagnostic shows an active mic on the Sonos Move, It shows that the Move is also connected to Amazon, and it shows an error with voice control interpretation. I would like to recommend the following steps accordingly. This would remove and re-add Amazon Alexa on Sonos and as well as Sonos' skill on the Alexa app.

1. Log out of ALL Amazon-related apps which are and not limited to the following. (Amazon Prime, Amazon Shopping, Amazon Alexa, etc.) 
  2. Open the Amazon Alexa app and disable the Sonos Skill.
  3. De-register any Sonos product on the Alexa App.
  4. Open the Sonos App.
  5. Remove the Alexa Voice service.
  6. Force close Sonos app.
  7. Force close the Alexa App.
  8. Reopen the Sonos App. Add Alexa as a voice service.
  9. Open Alexa app Add Sonos as skill
  10. Register Sonos speaker
  11. Add music service.
  12. Test to check if it works.
  13. Submit a diagnostic to capture all information performed on the Sonos devices.

Please let me know how it goes. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

That worked!!! Thank you!! I'm a happy camper!! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Charles_21.

Thanks for the update and immediate response.

I’m glad that I was able to help resolve your issue. Congratulations, I do hope you continue to love and enjoy your Sonos.

Please do not hesitate to reach out or create a new topic if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help out.

Thanks,