Answered

Sonos integrates to Alexa but when I ask to play music it goes silent

• 30 January 2021
  • 3 replies

If I ask Sonos Move “Alexa what is the weather” it works fine along with whatever other questions I have.
But if I ask it to play my Favorites…  It will say “Playing your favorites”  then silence.   It seems to locate my favorites because it says it…. but plays nothing.  It was working before, but started acting up so i had to reset it and reconfigure it all over agian. No I can’t get it to play my favorites.  Note: this is the playlist I have for Alexa.. when asking an Alexa device it works fine.  Any Ideas?

icon

Best answer by Redman67 31 January 2021, 06:18

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Is your “favorites” a playlist you created in Amazon Music? Or is this a Sonos playlist in the Sonos app?

The playlist was created in Amazon Music via Alexa, not Sonos.   It worked before.  I can’t seem to get any amazon music out of my Sonos.   So frustrated with this thing.  I paid so much money for this Sonos Move and i really want to just tell it to play my favorites without having to go to my PC or App everytime I want to here a song.

So, I was able to get it fixed….  If anyone is interested here are the steps.   If you are unable to play Amazon Music playlists… just go to your Sonos skill and disable it, then wait 2 minutes and enable it.  It will ask you to discover devices again, but that step is unecessary because it will automatically add it.  If you do try to discover it will just say not found.  It’s ok because it is already there.  This worked great for me!!! Very happy now.