Answered

Sonos Five and Alexa enablement

• 3 February 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi all

i bought a five today (first Sonos product). I register it fine and everything is working beautifully…..apart from setting up ALEXA. 
when I try and register the device in the Alexa app or enable the skill it just sends me in a loop that ends in the error message:

Register your speakers

You need to link speakers to your xxxxx@hotmail.com Sonos account before you can add this skill.

everything is registered and up to date. I’ve tried restarting and registering but it just loops the same. Anyone got any ideas? 

icon

Best answer by skullc 3 February 2024, 20:56

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

The 5 doesn’t have Alexa support directly you would need to connect an echo device to the line in or use another Sonos device with Alexa support to control the 5

https://support.sonos.com/en-gb/article/set-up-an-amazon-alexa-device-to-control-sonos

Thanks - but not sure that’s right. I have 4 Alexa devices already in the house that could control the Sonos. It finds the Sonos device in my Alexa app but won’t let me link it. 
it doesn’t say anywhere that I can’t link my existing Alexa set up to a Five - unless I’m missing something. 

The 5 doesn’t have Alexa support directly you would need to connect an echo device to the line in or use another Sonos device with Alexa support to control the 5

https://support.sonos.com/en-gb/article/set-up-an-amazon-alexa-device-to-control-sonos

Thanks - but not sure that’s right. I have 4 Alexa devices already in the house that could control the Sonos. It finds the Sonos device in my Alexa app but won’t let me link it. 
it doesn’t say anywhere that I can’t link my existing Alexa set up to a Five - unless I’m missing something. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

There’s a few threads on the forum hopefully the one below will help you