Answered

Sonos Five (2020) - Alexa not working

• 19 June 2020
  • 4 replies

I just set up a pair of new Sonos Five (2020) and updated the app to S2. Everything went smoothly. Then I went to add Alexa via the app, got into the Alexa app on an Ipad, it discovered the Sonos and added them fine but when I try to use it, nothing happens. I still can control the Sonos via separate Amazon echo device but not directly via built in Alexa. I tried to delete and rediscover method but it did not help. Is it the S2 app problem, Sonos skill for Amazon outdated or do I need to try something else? Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Belly M 19 June 2020, 17:26

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Badge +20

Sonos Five does not have Alex / microphone built in, so use an Echo like you are doing which in my opinion works better :)

Sonos Five does not have Alex / microphone built in.

Really? I can not believe it. Silly me then. 

Badge +20

Quote from the webpage blurb…

Five can be controlled with either Alexa or the Google Assistant when connected to a voice-enabled device, such as Sonos One, Beam, Google Home, or an Amazon Echo Dot, over WiFi.

Ok. I really did not expect the new Five not to have built in Alexa and did not even bother to check the official specs. Anyway, then I have them set up without any problem and will control them via an Amazon device. Thank you.