Sonos does not respond to Alexa command

• 31 March 2018
  • 3 replies

Suddenly, and for no particular reason, my Sonos 1 stopped responding to an Alexa command and yes, I have renoot3d, disabled enabled, checked both apps....etc etc....noth8ng has changed...no internet change no interruption, etc....I read and dine everything suggested all to no avail.Help please

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9
Let's start with the simplest question first: Is the mic enabled? There is a light next to the button on the top rear of the Sonos One. It should be on. If not, press the button to turn the mic back on.
Wow, I feel like I frickin idiot, yea it had been inadvertently turned off...so, thank you so much for pointing out the obvious. Could you also tell me how to play music from YouTube on my iPad to my Sonos one, which I cannot seem to figure out
Userlevel 6
Badge +9
You might check out this thread: https://en.community.sonos.com/music-services-and-sources-228994/playing-youtube-via-sonos-4686391/index1.html